It was an ugly experience on April 6 morning when I arrived at the Guaranty Trust Bank branch on 19, Bayo Kuku, Ikoyi, Lagos to execute a transaction.


On arriving at the bank, I was denied entry so I quizzed the security bank guard on duty; why can’t I go in, I asked.

He then told me that no banking transaction of any kind takes place at that branch. At first I thought he was joking, then he reiterated it.


This left me shell-shock because barely 48 hours ago, I was at the same branch to withdraw money because I was withdrawing over the N150,000 benchmark.

Still in shock, I asked to meet with the head of security who also reiterated to me that the Bayo Kuku branch does not perform any bank operation within the premises.

At that point I told him that I was at this same branch to transact two days ago and I had no issues so what went wrong, asked.

He insisted that daily banking operations do not hold there.

I sat back in my car for a while trying to make contact to someone who works at the branch while others cars that arrived afterwards were directed to another gate.

While waiting, the head of security had called upon Mr Hassan .O. a policeman who came to harass me in the car.

At this point I felt there is no point waiting, I decided that I will put my case to the open for public scrutiny.

Just before I left, I managed to take a picture of the security operatives. 

Source

Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: