With Christmas just nine weeks away it isn't long before many of will be practicing our fake smiles when someone doesn't quite hit the mark with a gift.

However, these Redditors were really pushed when it came to showing gratitude for a particularly poor set of presents.

In a new thread user Millenial_Trash asked 'What's the most insulting gift you've ever received?' and they were met with a wash of stories of disappointing birthdays and Christmases.

Going by the username TheBeardItchesn one user described a bizarre incident when he was gifted with his own belongings.


He recalled: 'First time I ever met my future mother in law was at Christmas. She went into my travel bag and took out a pair of my own socks, put a bow on them then presented it to me as an xmas gift.

'I assumed it was a gag gift type scenario and laughed. She was deeply offended that I didn't appreciate her efforts to show me that I was welcome in the family.'

While it isn't the amount that is spent on a gift that makes it special some users admitted to being really short changed.

Ptylerdactyl said: 'From my aunt and uncle, a $5 gift card to Best Buy. I didn't even know they came in that small of denomination.

'Turns out they don't; it was originally a $20 and they spent it down to about $4.83.'

Disappointed employee Xenofon713 shared their story of a measly gift: At work we had a contest to sell the most amount of accessories per phone sold and I won.

'I receive an email the next congratulating me and telling me to expect my prize soon. It was a f****** yodeling pickle ornament.'

Another user whiskey_riverss shared their story of family favouritism: 'When I was in high school my step brothers and I sat down to go through our Christmas stockings.

'They empty theirs, brand new iPods. Mine? Off brand MP3 player. Like in a clamshell package runs on AAs off brand. The favoritism stung.'

Another one said; 'My now ex wife gave me nothing on my birthday. No gift, no card, nothing. Same week, we're at the store, she gets a card for a co-worker, a guy. We separated less than a year later.'

Let's her about yours Diplomats......


Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: