Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel is the 2015/2016 best graduating student of University of Nigeria, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.83.

In this interview with Vanguard Learning, Eke revealed that in order to survive as a student, he used ropes as belts and drank garri daily. Excerpts:I am Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel, a first class graduate of the department of Microbiology, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

What were the challenges you passed through while in school?

I had a whole lot of challenges. One of them was financial challenge. I am from a very humble background. We reside in Aba.I remember in my first and second years, I used to drink garri (cassava flakes) and eat Fibre activebiscuit. It was a daily ration to me. I also used ropes as belts as a student. I remember then, I had few clothes. No shoes to where, only slippers.Having money to pay my fees was an issue. I stayed in the hostel from first year till I graduated. In my first year, I was having an eye challenge. Then, I would be seated in front of the classroom. Yet, I would not see what was written on the board. No money to go to the hospital for check up talk less of getting glasses.I had a D in a three unit load first year course. It was a motivational factor that spurred me into reading more.

What is your dream having graduated from the university?

My dream is to continue giving my best. I see myself as an educationalist. I want to establish schools. I want to change the ways our secondary school students are being taught.

Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: