After Manchester United and Chelsea played a goalless draw on Monday night, the managers of the two teams gave their thought on their team’s struggles in the league.

 United boss, Louis Van Gaal who has seen his team fail to win any of their last eight games in all competitions, says he will not be pressured in resigning.

He told BT Sports:  “On the contrary, when the players can give such a performances with this lot of pressure then it is not any reason to resign for me.



“Maybe the media wants that, but I shall not do that. I have a contract, so it’s not a question of staying, it’s a question of fulfilling my contract.”

He added: “In my first year as a manager, it was much tougher, they were yelling every week against me, and then I won in my first year the Uefa Cup. And then the yelling was stopped.

“Here they are still applauding, not everyone, I have seen that, but the most important thing is what the players have done today, then the fans can be satisfied.”

Fellow Dutchman and coach of Chelsea Guus Hiddink has warned his players that they are now playing for their futures at the club despite climbing up to 14th place on the log.

Hiddink’s first game as interim manager of the club was the goalless draw with Man United and the coach says he will not look at the past performances of players but rather the ones they show in the future.

He said:  “When you play at the big clubs, you always have to show your best and every day you have to work for your contract.

“I want to look at the team, at the performance, at the attitude, then I make my conclusions, so I cannot talk about the past.”

“But after a lousy half year, everyone is convinced they couldn’t continue on the same path and that’s what they’ve shown in the last three games.

“The fans recognise the team is coping with the situation and the team has to make the initiative to win them back. Of course I’m worried, but I would have been more worried if there was a lack of confidence or a lack of ambition.”


Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

2 comments: