Jane Pesch , a 73 year old pensioner with a free bus pass and widowed mum of three is adamant that her age isn’t a barrier to dressing like someone decades younger. To hell with that, is her opinion. “I suppose I should be wearing a comfortable cardigan and some flat, sensible shoes. But where would be the fun in that?” she says.


“I have friends my age who dress more conservatively than I do. They say, ‘I wish I could wear the clothes you wear, Jane’. "But who’s stopping them? There’s no law saying the over-70s have to wear tweed!
“Thirty years ago, my three teenage boys’ friends used to wolf whistle me when I picked them up from school. I was flattered that I still ‘had it’. “So now I’m in my eighth decade, I don’t see why I should fade into the background. I still feel the same as I did back then, so I make every effort to look as young, and as good, as I feel.”

Six years ago, she started having Botox every few months at £300 a session and since then has spent more than £3,000.
Then in 2012, worried about her neck giving away her age, she also treated herself to a £4,000 neck lift, again at Secret Surgery in Poland.
“It tightened up the skin on my neck and meant I could wear the kind of clothes I like to wear, without worrying about wrinkly skin ruining the outfit,” says Jane. “I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve had work done – it’s money well spent.
“When you get to a certain age, it is harder to dazzle, but I don’t mind having a helping hand as things start to droop or sag. I may well have more surgery. I want my mind and body to match.”

Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: