Kenyan lady, Fatuma Ibrahim, who was stabbed  on the cheek by her husband has been discharged from the hospital after a successful surgery.

The 32-year-old from Khorof village in Wajir County was stabbed by her husband multiple times in their home in Wajir East. The mother of three revealed that she had been suffering domestic violence in silence before the incident which caught the attention of Kenyans.

As she walked out of Kenyatta National Hospital at 11 am Saturday accompanied by doctors, family members and the hospital staff, Fatuma Ibrahim could not hide her joy.



She said to reporters:
 "I thank God, the AMREF flying doctors, Kenyatta National Hospital and Kenyans who came to my rescue. I have fully recovered and am ready to go back to my children.
"My husband used to attack me over domestic issues but I chose to stay with him and persevere. I could not leave him because of our children. That is why I chose to stay in an abusive marriage. I am ready to go back home and stay with my children. My husband should face the full force of the law," Fatuma said.

Lead surgeon at KNH Dr Edwin Rono expressed gratitude that Fatuma was a good patient and said they were satisfied that she was out of danger.

He said it took a team of five doctors one hour to remove the knife lodged on her cheek adding that it had affected vital organs such as blood vessels and nerves.

Fatuma had struggled for six hours to seek help. She had to walk for six hours since she lived in a remote and inaccessible village, before she was evacuated by Amref flying doctors.


Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: