Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede has attributed his victory at the Appeal Court as victory for the people of the state.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria thanked the people of the state for believing in him. 

He said: “I thank the people of the state for believing in me. In fact, I spoke with one of our supporters today who is in a very critical condition. He said he would stay alive to vote for me, even if that is the only thing he could do before he joins his maker. I dedicate this victory also to him.

“We are not in this just for ourselves but we want to serve our people. I had said it before that God willing, I will contest this election and not only that but win as well. I look forward to take over the state by February next year. Now I believe that for every man, you must have a vision. My vision is to serve the people of the state.” 

The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja Wednesday set aside the verdict of the Federal High Court which ordered the replacement of the name of Eyitayo Jegede with that of Jimoh Ibrahim as PDP candidate.

Earlier in the day, Justice Ibrahim Saulawa-led panel in its ruling, confirmed Jegede as the righful candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party as it kicked stopped Jimoh Ibrahim from parading himself as a candidate in the election billed for Saturday, 26th November, 2016.

However, Jimoh Ibrahim has vowed to contest the decision as he heads to the Supreme Court. 


Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: