Adebayor
– Adebayor signs for Crystal palace on free transfer

– He last played in the EPL back in May 2015

– Pardew hopes his arrival will help the team get results

Former Togolese international Emmanuel Adebayor has signed for English Premier League side Crystal Palace on a free transfer until the end of the season.

The player had left football fans speculating about his next club as he was pictured in Paris on Monday, January 18.


The 31-year-old had been a free agent since September 2015 after Tottenham released him to sort his personal family issues.

Adebayor has 94 Premier League goals to his name, having previously played for Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City.

Palace boss Alan Pardew confirmed his interest in signing the player two weeks ago.

It would be recalled that Adebayor’s last appearance was back in 2015, playing six minutes in Spurs’ 1 – 0 home defeat to Manchester City.

Crystal Palace are 11th on the EPL standings, having managed 31 points from 23 matches.

Pardew will hope the arrival of the African will help get results as Palace failed to get a win in their past six games, losing their last four in a row.

– Adebayor needs only eight goals to beat a record

– The player has joined Crystal Palace

– “If I can beat the record it would be the best thing that’s ever happened to me”

Former Togolese international Emmanuel Adebayor has signed for English Premier League side Crystal Palace on a free transfer until the end of the season.

Adebayor has 96 Premier League goals, having previously played for Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester City while Drogba has 104 goals.

Adebayor said:  “What I have achieved in football so far, I’m quite happy with. Togo has been Togo for how many years? And I am the only one to have the chance to play in the Premier League and score that amount of goals, so I am already blessed with that. If I can beat the record it would be the best thing that’s ever happened to me in my career, if not I will still be happy. The most important thing as a striker will be to score goals.”

The 31-year-old added: “I was born playing football so it was hard not playing on the pitch, but I was playing every day in Africa. Is it going to be hard? I don’t think so. I just have to get out there, play my football and enjoy myself again. I chose Palace because my family is happy in London, Palace has been playing the football I like and they have a few players who are my friends”.

Diplomaticporch

DiplomaticPorch

Diplomaticporch was started in July 2013 by Shekoni Aremuokin. Aremuokin lives his life in diplomacy. And believes, every story is unique and every story matters. At Diplomaticporch, we have a singular passion- to tell the world your story and to enable your story! Thank you for being a part of our journey.

Post A Comment:

0 comments: